In Maui on November 19th the Tar Heels crushed the Bulldogs, 95-49. This one was a runaway train, with North Carolina up at the half 49-17 on its way to an easy win.
North Carolina gained an advantage by coming out way ahead in three pointers and assists.
Gaining an advantage at the three-point line, North Carolina rang up a sizeable 45 points, beating a total of six by Mississippi State. North Carolina spread the ball around and put up 22 assists to six by Mississippi State.
Leslie McDonald was the leading scorer for the Tar Heels with 21 points in 19 minutes, 18 of that coming from three-point range. Dexter Strickland was a factor with a game-leading five assists.
The Tar Heels are now 4-0 in the early going.
Next on the schedule the Tar Heels face Indiana on the road on November 27th.
North Carolina Game Notes:
- The Tar Heels have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (31) than the starters (14).
- The top two scorers (Leslie McDonald and P.J. Hairston) accounted for 41.0% of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (51) than the starters (44).
- James Michael McAdoo has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Mississippi State Game Notes:
- The top two scorers (Roquez Johnson and Wendell Lewis) accounted for 44.8% of the points.
- Mississippi State lost and did not cover the spread.
- Gavin Ware has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 3 games this season.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Leslie McDonald
, Dexter Strickland