North Carolina is playing good basketball. On December 11th in their own building, the Tar Heels edged the 49ers, 96-91.
The game was a little closer than it was supposed to be, based on the talent level of the teams.
North Carolina won this game with strong personal foul management and three point shooting.
North Carolina sealed it shooting 47% from three point range compared to only 32% for Long Beach State. And Long Beach State fouled more, committing 21 fouls to 13 for North Carolina. One big plus for North Carolina was their 11 three pointers. This crushed their season average of 4.9.
Harrison Barnes led all scorers against the 49ers with 19 points on 43% shooting in 29 minutes. Barnes was also a factor with a game-leading 10 rebounds.
North Carolina did a good job against a lesser Long Beach State team. The Tar Heels are now 7-3 in the early going. Furthermore, this adds to our 3 game winning streak.
The next game on the schedule is Texas on December 18th.
North Carolina Game Notes:
- Justin Knox set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- UNC has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after holding an opponent to under 32.3% three point percentage.
- The last time UNC started the season 7-3 was 2002.
- The Tar Heels have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or less points). Since 2005, North Carolina has won 22 close games.
- Harrison Barnes recorded the 1st double digit rebound game of his career.
Long Beach State Game Notes:
- T.J. Robinson tallied a team season high in points with 31, field goals made with 13, and field goals attempted with 19.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Casper Ware's career.
- Casper Ware recorded a team season high in assists with 10.
- Casper Ware has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of T.J. Robinson's career.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Harrison Barnes