On November 21st away from home, the Tar Heels waxed the Silverswords, 112-70. North Carolina got off to an insurmountable 62-33 halftime lead, then never let Chaminade back in.
North Carolina beat Chaminade with a significant edge in shooting and defensive rebounding. The Tar Heels scored often shooting a big 62% compared to the 38% for the Silverswords. Rebounding was a big part of the win for North Carolina, as they pulled down 27 defensive boards compared to only 17 for Chaminade. A nice surprise for North Carolina was its 112 points, crushing its 85.3 average for the season.
James Michael McAdoo put up the most points for the Tar Heels with 18 points in 22 minutes, shooting 66% from the floor.
McAdoo also helped the cause by topping everyone with 10 rebounds.
The Tar Heels sit at 5-1 early in the season.
The next game on the schedule is Indiana on the road on November 27th.
North Carolina Game Notes:
- UNC beat the spread by 21.5 points. That makes the 4th time this season the Tar Heels have beat the spread.
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 11:45 left to go.
- P.J. Hairston has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- James Michael McAdoo has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 4 times in 6 games this season.
- James Michael McAdoo recorded a double-double. It was the 3rd of his career.
Chaminade Game Notes:
- Chaminade lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 2nd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Chaminade has been on the losing end of 10 blowout games.
- De`Andre Haskins has led the team in scoring 3 times in 3 games this season.
- De`Andre Haskins accounted for 31.4% of the team's points.
- De`Andre Haskins has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: James Michael McAdoo